Saturday 17 January 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Moon, directed by Duncan Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 17 January 2009 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 January
- Anders Isaksson: Swedish journalist, writer, and historian (Born 1943).
- North Korea claims to have ampquotweaponizedampquot 30.8 kilograms of plutonium, enough for four to five nuclear warheads. (CNN)
- The Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party defeats Barisan Nasional in Malaysia's Kuala Terengganu by-election. (Reuters)
- A suicide attack kills two Afghans and one United States Army soldier and wounds 30 other people in Kabul, Afghanistan. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- An Israeli Defense Forces airstrike kills 13 people in Gaza City. (MSNBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?