Tuesday 17 July 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Bourdeau and Red Sovine.
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1917 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Lou Bourdeau: Baseball player / manager (1948 AP Athlete of Year).
- Red Sovine: American country music singer (d. 1980).
- Phyllis Diller: American comedienne who exploded on stage in San Francisco in 1954, wearing a sequined mini-dress and an orange fright-wig, gold ankle-high boots and black satin opera gloves.
- Christiane Rochefort: French feminist writer.
- Bijon Bhattacharya: Indian actor singer and screenwriter (d. 1978).
- Lou Boudreau: Major League baseball player and manager (d. 2001)
- Kenan Evren: Turkish general and politician 7th President of Turkey (d. 2015)
- British Royal family changes its name from Hanover to Windsor.
- King George V of the United Kingdom issues a Proclamation stating that the male line descendants of the British royal family will bear the surname Windsor.
- The Parliament of Finland, dominated by Social Democrats, passes the ampquotPower Lawampquot, declaring itself holder of the former Tsar's sovereignty in the Grand Principality of Finland. The Russian Provisional Government does not recognize the law, as it would alter the relationship between Finland and Russia into a real union, with Russia solely responsible for the defence and foreign relations of Finland with no more say in the country's internal affairs.
- The Corfu Declaration, which enabled the establishment of the post-war Kingdom of Yugoslavia, is signed by the Yugoslav Committee and the Kingdom of Serbia.
- (July 7, O.S.) ndash Alexander Kerensky becomes premier of the Russian Provisional Government, replacing Prince Georgy Lvov.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're in Love - Lyric Quartet
- I'm a Twelve O'Clock Fellow in a Nine O'Clock Town - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?