Saturday 17 July 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1920 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Gordon Gould: American physicist and academic invented the laser (d. 2005).
- Žuži Jelinek: Hungarian-Croatian fashion designer (d. 2016).
- Juan Samaranch: Spanish businessman 7th President of the International Olympic Committee (d. 2010).
- Bill Monroe: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Newscaster (NBC-TV, Congressional Report).
- Rudolf Karpati: Hungary -- Sabres (1956, 60 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kenneth Wolstenholme: English sports commentator (d. 2002)
- Juan Antonio Samaranch: Spanish chairman of the International Olympic Committee (d. 2010)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alabama Moon - Hawaiian Trio
- Enrico Caruso - Love Me or Not
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?