Sunday 17 July 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Jewel Robbery, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1932 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Niccolò Castiglioni: Italian composer (d. 1996).
- Wojciech Kilar: Polish pianist and composer (d. 2013).
- Karla Kuskin: American author and illustrator (d. 2009).
- Hal Riney: American businessman founded Publicis & Hal Riney (d. 2008).
- Johnny ''Red'' Kerr: American basketball player, coach, and longtime Chicago Bulls color commentator (d. 2009).
- Niccolo Castiglioni: Composer
- Vince Guaraldi: Jazz pianist (Charlie Brown TV specials)
- Quino : Joaquín Salvador Lavado, better known by his pen name Quino, is a Argentinian cartoonist. His comic strip Mafalda (which ran from 1964 to 1973) is very popular in Latin America and many parts of Europe. Quino has won many international prizes and honors throughout his career. In 1982 he was chosen Cartoonist of the Year by fellow cartoonists around the world, and has won twice the Konex Platinum Prize for Visual Arts. In March 2014 he was awarded the French Legion of Honour.
- Johnny Kerr: American athlete, pro-basketball player from 1954-1965, nicknamed "Red" for his red hair. After 12 years of playing the sport, he became the Chicago Bulls' coach, the first coach in the franchise's history, and was named NBA Coach of the Year for that first year, 1966-67. When he retired from coaching, he became the team's business manager and media analyst for 33 years more.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?