Monday 17 July 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1944 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Ronnie Von: Brazilian singer and composer with The Young Guard.
- Mark Burgess: New Zealand cricketer and footballer.
- Catherine Schell: Hungarian born British actress.
- Carlos Torres: Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Carlos Alberto: Brazilian football player.
- Hugh Rigby: English portrait Painter (King George V 1928-32).
- 2 ammunition ships explodes at Port Chicago, California kills 322
- Russian troops cross river Bug / march into Poland
- Port Chicago disaster: Near the San Francisco Bay, two ships laden with ammunition for the war explode in Port Chicago, California, killing 320.
- World War II: Napalm incendiary bombs are dropped for the first time by American P-38 pilots on a fuel depot at Coutances, near St. Lo, France.
- The largest convoy of the war embarks from Halifax, Nova Scotia under Royal Canadian Navy protection.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Walk Alone - Martha Tilton
- Amor - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
- Louise - Russ Morgan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?