Tuesday 17 July 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Show Boat, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1951 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Lucie Arnaz in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Kim - Here's Lucy, Jazz Singer).
- Mark Bowden: American journalist and author.
- Andrew Robathan: English soldier and politician Minister of State for the Armed Forces.
- Lucie Arnaz: American actress and member of a noted family, the daughter of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.
- Mitchell Garabedian: American lawyer who represented many of the victims of former priest John Geoghan as well as victims of other priests in the Boston Archdiocese who were accused of sexually abusing parishioners, especially young children.
- King Leopold II of Belgium gives up throne to son Boudouin I
- King Baudouin takes the oath as king of Belgium.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Because of You - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?