Saturday 17 July 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1954 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Michel Field: French TV host and producer, very popular in France.
- Edward Natapei: Vanuatuan politician 6th Prime Minister of Vanuatu (d. 2015).
- J Straczynski: American author screenwriter and producer.
- J Michael Straczynski: American author.
- Angela Merkel: German politician, chancellor since November 2005.
- Dirk B Nanninga: Painter, dies at 85.
- 1st major league game where majority of team is black (Dodgers)
- Theodor Heuss re-elected President of West Germany
- Construction begins on Disneyland in Anaheim, California.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?