Tuesday 17 July 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Trottier in Val Marie and Julie Bishop.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1956 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Bryan Trottier in Val Marie: Saskatchewan, Canada; NHL Center (New York Islanders).
- Julie Bishop: Australian lawyer and politician 38th Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Robert Romanus: American actor and singer.
- Bryan Trottier: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?