Tuesday 17 July 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Barrs and Bill Sage.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1962 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Jay Barrs: Jacksonville, Florida -- Archer (1988, 92, 96 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Bill Sage: American actor.
- East Berliner Peter Fechter flees over Berlin Wall
- Robert White in X-15 sets altitude record of 108 km (354,300 ft)
- Senate rejects medicare for aged
- US Senate rejects medicare for the aged.
- Nuclear weapons testing: The ''Small Boy'' test shot Little Feller I becomes the last atmospheric test detonation at the Nevada Test Site.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Joanie Sommers - Johnny Get Angry
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes) - Dee Dee Sharp
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?