Thursday 17 July 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
Spirits of the Dead, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1969 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Tommy Soderstrom: Stockholm, Sweden -- NHL goalie (Sweden, New York Islanders).
- Scott Johnson (cartoonist): American Cartoonist.
- F Gary Gray: American music video director.
- Jason Clarke: Movie Actor.
- F Gray: American actor and director.
- The New York Times publicly takes back the ridicule of the rocket scientist Robert H. Goddard published in 13 Jan 1920 that spaceflight is impossible.ref name=quotastronauticsnow_com-indexquotRobert H. Goddard. ''The New York Times''. astronauticsnow.com/history/goddard/index.html 090118 astronauticsnow.com
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Three Dog Night - One
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?