Friday 17 July 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Mama Told Me (Not To Come) by Three Dog Night.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1970 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Bronwyn Roye: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Juano Hernandez: Actor (St. Louis Blues, Two Loves), dies at 74.
- Ralph Baer demonstrates his television video game system to Magnavox. Despite a lack of interest from most Magnavox engineers, Bill Enders negotiates an exclusive license to manufacture and distribute the system, and sublicense Sanders Associates' patents on the technology.
- 30,000 attend Randall's Island Rock Festival, New York City.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
- The Pipkins - Gimme Dat Ding
- Bread - Make It With You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?