Monday 17 July 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Late Spring, directed by Yasujir Ozu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1972 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Melissa "Missy" Schwen: Bloomington, Indiana -- Rower (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Michael Lampert: Hockey defenseman (Team Austria 1998).
- Elizabeth Cook: American singer and guitarist.
- Donny Marshall: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- Jason Rullo: American drummer (Symphony X and Redemption).
- 1st 2 women begin training as FBI agents at Quantico
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?