Wednesday 17 July 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rock Your Baby by George McCrae.
In UK She by Charles Aznavour was in the top 5 hits.
Death Wish, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1974 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Andrew Downton: Australian cricketer.
- Laura Macdonald: Scottish jazz musician.
- Gordon Malone: American basketball player: forward, Timberwolves.
- Jay Hanna "Dizzy" Dean: Pitcher (St. Louis Cardinals), dies at 63.
- 1st quadrophonic studio in the UK is open by Moody Blues
- Bob Gibson becomes 2nd pitcher to strike-out 3,000 (Cesar Geronimo)
- John Lennon is ordered to leave US in 60 days
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Denver - Annie's Song
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- The Righteous Brothers - Rock And Roll Heaven
- Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - On And On
- The Hollies - The Air That I Breathe
- Anne Murray - You Won't See Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?