Monday 17 July 1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Hettinga and Noah Lennox.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Scruples by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Canyon Bomber or The Cottage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1978 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Mike Hettinga: American professional wrestler.
- Noah Lennox: American musician.
- Katharine Towne: American actress.
- Emilie Simon: French singer.
- Panda Bear: Pop Singer.
- Ricardo Arona: Brazilian mixed martial artist
- Mike Knox: American wrestler
- Trevor McNevan: Canadian singer-songwriter (Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static)
- Thayer David: Actor (Rocky, Roots, Savages), dies at 51.
- New York Yank manager Billy Martin and Reggie Jackson fight in dug out
- Reggie Jackson refusal to bunt causes mgr Billy Martin to suspend him
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?