Thursday 17 July 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Crazy In Love by Beyonce was in the top 5 hits.
American Wedding, directed by Jesse Dylan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Living History by Hillary Rodham Clinton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 2003!
Which were the important events of 17 July 2003 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 July
- Same-sex marriage in Canada: the federal government releases its draft bill to extend marriage rights to same-sex couples while protecting the rights of clergy not to perform marriages that run counter to their religious beliefs. The government will seek a reference from the Supreme Court of Canada to ensure the bill is constitutional.
- India declines a United States request to send an occupation force to Iraq. Their United States Envoy assures that Indo-US relations will not be hampered by the refusal.
- In a press conference in Belfast, journalist Seán Ó Muireagáin denies Israeli claims that suspected him of being a Real IRA activist. He states that he is not, and never has been, a member or supporter of the IRA. Israel repeats that the arrest of Ó Muireagáin was ampquotunfortunateampquot, but refuses to apologise. Israel's treatment of Ó Muireagáin is strongly criticised in Ireland. SDLP ex-minister Sean Farren states that Ó Muireagáin is ampquotwell known and respectedampquot in Northern
- Evangelist and former United States Presidential candidate Pat Robertson announces his ampquotmassive prayer offensiveampquot dubbed ampquotOperation Supreme Court Freedomampquot, asking Americans to pray that at least three United States Supreme Court justices retire so that the court can be filled with conservative justices who will overturn Supreme Court rulings on school prayer, separation of church and state and sodomy.
- The Uniting Church in Australia votes to officially recognise and approve of homesexual clergy ( ABC (Australia)).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?