Tuesday 17 July 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Connor Corum .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
The Story of the Kelly Gang, directed by Charles Tait, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mad Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aquaria or Combat Mission: Shock Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 July 2007 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- TAM Airlines (TAM Linhas Aereas) Flight 3054 crashes upon landing during rain in Sao Paulo. This is Brazil's deadliest aviation accident to date with an estimated 199 deaths.
- Trans-Neptunian Object 2007 OR10 is discovered.
- The board of Dow Jones Company agrees to accept an offer of $5 billion from Rupert Murdoch's News Limited. (Fox News)
- The World Bank releases its Worldwide Governance Indicators, providing information on corruption, rule of law, and other indicators of stability on countries around the world. (WGI page)
- The High Judicial Council of Libya commutes the death sentences against six foreign medical workers to life imprisonment. (Reuters via CNN)
- A train carrying yellow phosphorus derails in western Ukraine, sending a toxic cloud over several villages. At least twenty people are hospitalized and hundreds are forced to evacuate. (AP via MSNBC)
- The Sudanese government says that a recent attempted coup d'état did not have the support of the United States government, contrary to previous accusations from Nafi Ali Nafi, Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir's assistant. The government has arrested 14 members of the Umma Reform and Renewal Party for plotting the coup. (VOA News)
- Five people are killed in a twin bomb blasts in Islamabad near the venue of a rally and meeting to be addressed by Pakistan Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry.
- 39 people are arrested, detained and kept at an undisclosed location in Pakistan due to an alleged connection with a recent attack on a plane carrying Pervez Musharraf.
- All three men charged with supporting Tamil Tigers have been granted bail in Melbourne. (ABC News Australia)
- Delegates arrive in Beijing for the resumption of six party talks on Wednesday involving North Korea, South Korea, China, Russia, Japan and the United States to discuss the second phase of a deal on North Korean nuclear disarmament. (BBC)
- 2007 Chūetsu offshore earthquake: The Government of Japan orders The Tokyo Electric Power Company to keep its Kashiwazaki-Kariwa Nuclear Power Plant closed pending safety checks after the earthquake caused a leak. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?