Thursday 17 July 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
The Dark Knight, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yogscast.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlefield: Bad Company or Bomberman 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 17 July 2008 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 July
- American investment bank Merrill Lynch & Company posts a US$4.89 billion quarterly loss after writing down bad debts, and unveils plans to sell billions of dollars of assets.
- 2008 Pacific typhoon season:
- Typhoon Kalmaegi (Helen) strikes Taiwan, resulting in at least one fatality, eight people missing and four people injured. (AFP via Google News)
- The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that an ethnic Tamil man denied asylum in Britain could not be sent back to his native Sri Lanka because he would be at risk of torture there. (''The Daily Mirror'')
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration lifts a warning on tomatoes following a recent salmonellosis outbreak. (Reuters)
- Pope Benedict XVI speaks to 150,000 pilgrims in Sydney for World Youth Day 2008. (''The Age'')
- The Chinese National People's Congress holds a press conference and releases mid-year financial statistics on the nation's gross domestic product. (Phoenix TV)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?