Wednesday 17 June 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Sully and Jacob "Jimmy" Herman Huizinga.
Los carreros, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1908 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Frank Sully: St. Louis, Missouri -- Actor (Along Came Jones, Phantom Thief).
- Jacob "Jimmy" Herman Huizinga: Journalist / writer.
- John Verrall: Composer.
- James MacDonald: Scottish botanist, professor of botany and author of "Introduction to Mycology" released in 1951 as well as other science papers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- She's the Fairest Little Flower Old Dixie Ever Grew - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?