Friday 17 June 1910
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Owen Reed and Diana Mosley.
Hercules and the Big Stick, directed by mile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1910!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1910 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Herbert Owen Reed: Composer.
- Diana Mosley: English aristocrat, sister of writer Nancy Mitford, and a great beauty and socialite.
- Raymond Poïvet: French cartoonist, who created the first and longest running French science-fiction comics: Les Pionniers de l'Espérance, which lasted until 1973.
- Red Foley: Blue Lick, Kentucky -- Country singer (Mr Smith Goes to Washington).
- George Hees: Canadian football player and politician (d. 1996).
- Lady Mosley: Biographer.
- Aurel Vlaicu performed the first flight of A. Vlaicu nr. 1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - Fisk University Jubilee Quartet
- The Garden of Roses - Haydn Quartet
- Oh, How That German Could Love! - Irving Berlin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?