Thursday 17 June 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stringbean [David Akeman] and David ''Stringbean'' Akeman.
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1915!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1915 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Stringbean [David Akeman]: Kentucky, United States -- Banjoist / comedian (Hee Haw).
- David ''Stringbean'' Akeman: American actor and country music banjo player (d. 1973).
- Mario Echandi Jimenez: Costa Rican lawyer and politician, was a member of the Legislative Assembly from 1953 to 1958 and President of Costa Rica from 1958 to 1962.
- : American singer and banjo player (d. 1973).
- Marcel Cadieux: Canadian civil servant and diplomat Canadian Ambassador to the United States (d. 1981).
- Karl Targownik: Hungarian-American psychiatrist (d. 1996)
- League to Enforce Peace forms in Philadelphia
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gems from Maid in America - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?