Thursday 17 June 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1915!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1915 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Stringbean [David Akeman]: Kentucky, United States -- Banjoist / comedian (Hee Haw).
- David ''Stringbean'' Akeman: American actor and country music banjo player (d. 1973).
- Mario Echandi Jimenez: Costa Rican lawyer and politician, was a member of the Legislative Assembly from 1953 to 1958 and President of Costa Rica from 1958 to 1962.
- : American singer and banjo player (d. 1973).
- Marcel Cadieux: Canadian civil servant and diplomat Canadian Ambassador to the United States (d. 1981).
- Karl Targownik: Hungarian-American psychiatrist (d. 1996)
- League to Enforce Peace forms in Philadelphia
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gems from Maid in America - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?