Saturday 17 June 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
What Love Can Do, directed by Jay Hunt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1916 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Terry Gilkyson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Easy Riders) (d. 1999).
- Luigi Scarabello: Italy sport Champion.
- Einar Englund: Composer.
- Victor Dalby Lord: Ficticious character on One Life to Live.
- 1st national Congress of Sarekat Islam at Bandoeng Java
- US troops under General Pershing march into Mexico
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - O Sole Mio (My Sunshine)
- My Old Kentucky Home - Alma Gluck
- You Can't Get Along with 'Em or Without 'Em - Anna Chandler
- Some Sort of Somebody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?