Sunday 17 June 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Wild and Woolly, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1917 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Gwendolyn Brooks: American writer, the author of more than 20 books and poet laureate of Illinois from 1969.
- Walter Hof: German astrologer, scientifically oriented, author of books.
- Dean Martin: Steubenville Actor.
- Dufferin Roblin: Canadian politician 14th Premier of Manitoba (d. 2010).
- British King George V takes the name Windsor
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Magic of Your Eyes - Charles Harrison
- Love Will Find The Way - Reed Miller
- Hawaiian Butterfly - Sterling Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?