Tuesday 17 June 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1919 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- John Moffat: Scottish lieutenant and pilot.
- Beryl Reid: Actress (Yellowbeard, Psychomania), dies at 76.
- Kingman Brewster: college president (Yale).
- Sarah Cooper: American astrologer and AFA Librarian from 1970.
- Antonius C "Ton" Lutz: Dutch actor / director (Lucifer).
- Max Dendermonde [Henk Hazelhoff]: Dutch literary
- William Estes: American behavorial psychologist, editor, and professor. He wrote "An Experimental Study of Punishment" 1944, and "Statistical Approach to Learning Theory" 1959. Awarded the National Medal of Science by U.S. President Bill Clinton on 16 December 1997. Married once, two children.
- François-Mathurin Gourvès: French Catholic clergyman, who served as Bishop Emeritus of Vannes.
- Barney Google cartoon strip, by Billy De Beck, premieres
- British Police Sergeant Thomas Green killed during the Epsom Riot by Canadian troops
- Winnipeg General Strike: Royal Northwest Mounted Police fire a volley of bullets into a crowd of unemployed war veterans, killing two of them.
- Admiral Ludwig von Reuter scuttles the German fleet in Scapa Flow, Scotland. Nine German sailors are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - Sterling Trio
- Smile and the World Smiles with You - Lewis James & Peerless Quartet
- When the Boys Come Home - Louis Gravieure
- The St. Louis Blues - Al Bernard
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?