Monday 17 June 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Thunderbolt, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1929 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Michael L Strang: (Rep-R-Colorado, 1985- ).
- Tigran Petrosyan: in USSR; world chess champion (1963-69).
- Pinchas Sadeh: Israeli novelist and poet.
- Ward Ruyslinck: Belgian writer, museum official, novelist, poet, critic.
- Tigran Petrosian: Soviet-Armenian chess player (Born 1929).
- James Shigeta: American actor and singer (d. 2014)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?