Tuesday 17 June 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Big House, directed by George Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1930 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- James Gathers: Sumter, South Carolina -- 200m runner (1952 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Romuald Twardowski: Composer.
- Michel Diot: Ballon EXecutives.
- Brian Statham: English cricketer (d. 2000).
- Chuck Klein sets Phillies hitting streak at 26 straight games
- US President Herbert Hoover signs the Hawley-Smoot Tariff bill into law, increasing some 900 American import duties.
- U.S. President Herbert Hoover signs the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act into law.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?