Wednesday 17 June 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Skin Game, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1931!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1931 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Jacques Destoop: French actor and painter, who was a member of the Comédie-Française.
- John Baldessari: American conceptual artist.
- Mary Hubbard: American leading figure in Scientology, who was the third wife of L. Ron Hubbard, from 1952 until his death in 1986.
- René Teulade: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Corrèze department.
- Giancarlo Bacci: Italy sport Champion.
- Frankie Hewitt: American theater producer and founder in 1967 of the Ford's Theatre Society, responsible for restoring and reopening the historic site as a working theater. The theater reopened with a production of John Brown's Body by Stephen Vincent Benet on 12 February 1968. She produced over 150 shows and network television specials at the theater. For her work with the theater she was awarded a 2002 National Humanities Medal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?