Friday 17 June 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 17 June 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 June 1932 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
See other famous people born on 17 June
- Oil tanker Cymbeline explodes in Montreal, Canada
- Bonus Army: around a thousand World War I veterans amass at the United States Capitol as the U.S. Senate considers a bill that would give them certain benefits.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1932?
- Science: Science vol. 75 issue 1955
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Walter F. Brown -- June 13, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 75 issue 1954
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Charles Morgan's "The Fountain" by now needs little introduction, having won overwhelming praise, from the best critical minds in England and America.The scene is Enkendaal, the castle of the van Leydens, a Dutch family of ancient lineage.
A New York Times Bestselling Author A Pulitzer Prize-winning Author A Nobel Prize-winning Author Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored father tells of the ...
Louis Golding (1895-1958), a Ukrainian-Jewish writer born in Manchester, wrote Magnolia Street, a 1932 bestseller based on the Hightown area of Manchester, as it was in the 1920s featuring a street divided into 'gentile' and 'Jewish' sides.
Tell the world why 17 June 1932 is such a special date for you!