Saturday 17 June 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
His Private Secretary, directed by Philip H. Whitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1933 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Harry Browne: American politician, the Libertarian candidate for President in 2000.
- Maurice Stokes: American basketball player (d. 1970).
- Christian Ferras: French violinist / conductor.
- Kansas City Massacre: 1 FBI agent, 4 cops and 1 gangster killed by mob
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?