Wednesday 17 June 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Secret Agent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1936 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Vern Harper: Canadian First Nations Cree Elder and veteran of the Korean War.
- Ken Loach: English director producer and screenwriter.
- Struan Sutherland: Australian pharmacologist, physician, epidemiologist, author, and professor, who development of an anti-venom for the Sydney Funnel web spider, he headed the Australian Venom Research Unit, Department of Phamacology at the University of Melbourne.
- Kenneth Loach: TV director (Singing the Blues in Red).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?