Thursday 17 June 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Brown and Barry Manilow in New York City.
Stage Door Canteen, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1943 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Christopher Brown: Composer.
- Barry Manilow in New York City: New York, USA; singer ("Mandy").
- Jean-Pierre Armengaud: French university professor, musicologist, researcher and concert pianist.
- Newt Gingrich: American politician who had a rapid rise to popularity in 1994 when he was named the first GOP Speaker of the House in 40 years, followed within two years by a downfall for indiscretion, lying to the House Committee and the illegal use of public funds.
- Barry Manilow: American musician, singer, author and songwriter who achieved mega-pop stardom in the 1970s.
- Player-manager Joe Cronin of Red Sox hits two 3-run pinch home runs
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?