Sunday 17 June 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Story of G.I. Joe, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1945 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Frank Ashmore: American actor.
- Tommy Franks: American general.
- Ken Livingstone: English politician 1st Mayor of London.
- Tony Roche: Tennis coach.
- Eddy Merckx: Belgian cyclist,one of the greatest cyclist of all times.
- Art Bell: American radio broadcaster who commands the late night hours with his five hour "Coast to Coast" radio show. Every night, he reaches millions of people on some 300 radio affiliates with his curiosity, bluntness, sense of humor, interesting guests and call-in assortments. His topics cover almost everything unconventional, from psychic predictions to cults to every variety of conspiracy theory, UFOs and government cover-ups.
- Day of Unity in West Germany (National Day)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Baia
- There! I've Said it Again - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra v Teddy Walters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?