Monday 17 June 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Anna and the King of Siam, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1946 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Peter Rosei: Austrian author poet and playwright.
- Marcy Kaptur: (Rep-D-Ohio, 1983- ).
- Alain Sarteur: French athlete who competed in the Men's 100 metres in the 1972 Summer Olympics.
- SW Bell inaugurates mobile telephone commercial service, St. Louis
- SouthWest Bell innaugurates mobile telephone commercial service, Saint Louis, Missouri. USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- I Got The Sun In The Morning - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?