Tuesday 17 June 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
L'Atalante, directed by Jean Vigo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1947 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- George S Clinton: American composer and musician.
- Linda Chavez: American author, commentator, and radio talk show host.
- John Collins: American homicide; called the "Michigan Co-ed Killer" as he kidnapped, beat, stabbed, tortured, mutilated, raped, and shot nine young Michigan women between 7/07/1967 and 7/23/1969.
- Michel Pastoureau: French professor of medieval history and an expert in Western symbology.
- Christopher Allport: American actor (Born 1947).
- George Clinton: American composer and songwriter
- Gregg Rolie: American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Santana Journey and The Storm)
- Paul Young: English singer and percussionist (Sad Cafe, Mike + The Mechanics) (d. 2000)
- 1st round-the-world civil air service leaves, New York City
- Earnest Reuter becomes Mayor of Berlin
- Pan Am Airways chartered as 1st worldwide passenger airline
- First round-the-world civil air service leaves New York City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Temptation (Tim-Tayshun) - Red Ingle & The Natural Seven & Jo Stafford
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?