Sunday 17 June 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Ace in the Hole, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1951 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Joe Piscopo in Passaic: New Jersey, USA; comedian (Saturday Night Live, Miller Lite commercials).
- Patrick Dolan: American news reporter and TV correspondent for a cable news network from 1980.
- Joe Piscopo: American actor best known for his work on "Saturday Night Live," 1975-85, where his uncanny parodies of stars like Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand made him a fan favorite.
- Starhawk : American witch and author of books about her field, including "The Spiral Dance: A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Great Goddess," 1979.
- Zane Stein: American pro astrologer and author of "Essence and Applications: A View From Chiron.
- John Garrett: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- Paul McGuinness: German-Irish talent manager
- Carl Vogler: Composer, dies at 77.
- Flahooley closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 40 performances
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?