Sunday 17 June 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1956 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Andrew Bicknell: English actor.
- Chi-chi Nwanoku: English double bassist.
- Kelly Curtis: American actress and noted family, the daughter of Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?