Monday 17 June 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Tammy and the Bachelor, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1957 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Phil Chevron: Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Pogues and The Radiators From Space) (d. 2013).
- Martin Dillon: American tenor and educator (d. 2005).
- Jon Gries: American actor and producer.
- Uģis Prauliņš: Latvian composer.
- Jack Wouterse: Dutch actor.
- Philip Chevron: English pop musician (Pogues-Peace & Love)
- So Rare by Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra peaks at #2
- Tuskegee boycott begins (Blacks boycotted city stores)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- The Coasters - Young Blood
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?