Sunday 17 June 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Brady and Jerry Falwell.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Ride the High Country, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1962 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Ed Brady: NFL linebacker (Tampa Bay Bucs).
- Jerry Falwell: Pastor of Thomas Road Baptist Church and Founder of Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA (Born 1933).
- Lio : Belgian singer and actress who was a pop icon in France and Belgium during the 1980s.
- Michael Monroe: Finnish singer-songwriter and saxophonist (Hanoi Rocks and Demolition 23).
- 62nd US Golf Open: Jack Nicklaus shoots a 283 at Oakmont Country Club - Pennsylvania
- Lou Brock is 2nd to HR into Polo Grounds right-center field bleachers
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Cosmopolitan Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?