Thursday 17 June 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Danny McManus and Gianluca Pozzi.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cat Ballou, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1965 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Danny McManus: CFL quarterback (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Gianluca Pozzi: Bari, Italy -- Tennis star (1991 Brisbane).
- Kami Cotler in Long Beach: California, USA; actress (Elizabeth - The Waltons).
- Mike Magnante: Glendale, California -- Pitcher (KC Royals).
- Ray Seals: NFL defensive end (Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers).
- Dermontti Dawson: American athlete, pro-footballer, played offensive line for Pittsburgh Steelers from 1988-2000.
- Arabian Prince: Rapper
- Kami Cotler: American actress and educator
- Dan Jansen: American speed skater and sportscaster
- Dara O'Kearney: Irish ultra runner and professional poker player
- Arnold Meijer: Leader (Fascist Nationally Front).
- 11.08 (28.14 cm) of rainfall, Holly, Colorado (state 24-hour record)
- 1st bombing by B-52 (50 km north of Saigon)
- Kinks arrive in NYC beginning their 1st US tour
- 28.14 cm (11.08 inches) of rainfall, Holly, Colorado (state 24-hour record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Roger Miller - Engine Engine #9
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Patti Page - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?