Friday 17 June 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Born Free, directed by James Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1966 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Mohammed Al-Akhras: Iraqi journalist and author.
- Christy Canyon: American pornographic actress.
- Ken Clark: American football player (d. 2013).
- Diane Modahl: English runner.
- Jason Patric: American actor.
- Clare Look-Jaeger: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- High jumper
- Fred Barnett: NFL wide receiver (Philadelphia Eagles)
- Tory Burch: Fashion Designer
- An Air France personnel strike begins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?