Saturday 17 June 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dirk-Jan Derksen and James McKnight.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Ben, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El Chavo del Ocho.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1972 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Dirk-Jan Derksen: Dutch soccer player (Roda JC).
- James McKnight: NFL wide receiver (Seattle Seahawks).
- Sebastian White: English drummer (Oasis).
- Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond peaks at #38
- 5 arrested for burglarizing Democratic Party HQ at Watergate
- Chile President Allende forms new government
- Looking Glass releases Brandy
- Five arrested for burglarizing US Democratic Party headquarters at Watergate.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade premieres at Disneyland. The vehicles feature 500,000 sparkling lights, and 500 miles of wiring.
- Watergate scandal: five White House operatives are arrested for burglarizing the offices of the Democratic National Committee, in an attempt by some members of the Republican party to illegally wiretap the opposition.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?