Sunday 17 June 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aurélie Filippetti and Louis Leterrier.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
The Exorcist, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warship.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Race or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1973 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Aurélie Filippetti: French politician and novelist of Italian descent, who has served as Minister of Culture and Communication since 16 May 2012.
- Louis Leterrier: French film director of the 2008 movie, "The Incredible Hulk" and the 2010 version of "Clash of the Titans.
- Krayzie Bone: American rapper (Bone Thugs-N-Harmony).
- Christian Claudio: Puerto Rican martial artist and author.
- Leander Paes: Indian tennis player and actor.
- 1st du Maurier Golf Classic (La Canadienne): Jocelyne Bourassa
- 73rd US Golf Open: Johnny Miller shoots a 279 at Oakmont Country Club - Pennsylvania
- Russian party leader Brezhnev visits US
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Elton John - Daniel
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?