Monday 17 June 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evangelia Psarra .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1974 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Pamela Britton: Actress (Blondie, My Favorite Martian), dies at 50.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?