Friday 17 June 1977
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Sorcerer, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1977 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Bernardo Guillermo: Dutch royalty, the son and first child of Princess Christina of the Netherlands and her husband, Jorge Guillermo.
- Branko Tomovic: Serbian actor.
- Tjaša Jezernik: Slovenian tennis player.
- Mark Tauscher: American football player and sportscaster.
- Branko Tomović: Serbian-German actor.
- Andrea Deak: Miss Universe - Hungary (1996)
- Bernardo Federico Tomas: Prince of the Netherlands
- Jason Miller in Silver Springs: Maryland; actor (New Mickey Mouse Club).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?