Sunday 17 June 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Muppet Movie, directed by James Frawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1979 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Tyson Apostol: Reality Star.
- Young Maylay: American rapper producer and voice actor.
- Cawey Schau: Seattle, Washington -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Nick Rimando: American soccer player.
- Zafar Rushdie: British businessman who runs his own public relations company.
- Sarava closes at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC after 140 performances
- 79th US Golf Open: Hale Irwin shoots a 284 at Inverness Club in Toledo
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Sarah Coventry Golf Tournament
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?