Wednesday 17 June 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Medley by Stars On 45.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
The Cannonball Run, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1981 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Kyle Boller: American football player.
- Amrita Rao: Movie Actress.
- Shane Watson: Australian cricketer.
- Richard O'Connor: British general (Born 1889).
- Battle between Moslems and Christians in Cairo, 14 killed
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Neil Diamond - America
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?