Friday 17 June 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Drive, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Chris Gethard Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Empires Online or Angry Birds Rio.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 17 June 2011 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 June
- The Yonhap news agency reports that South Korea has deployed precision-guided missiles capable of hitting the North Korean capital, Pyongyang. (Yonhap News)
- Reuters quotes commodities traders who have observed in recent months that ampquotviolent, often inexplicable price movesampquot are becoming a good deal more common, especially in energy commodities such as natural gas. (Reuters)
- More than 16,000 people remain isolated and 3,350 are waiting to return to their homes due to continued flooding on the Mid North Coast of the Australian state of New South Wales. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The U.N. Human Rights Council issues its first condemnation of discrimination against gays, lesbians and transgender people. (AP via Forbes)
- An internal Chinese government report, mistakenly made public, shows that more than ten thousand corrupt officials transferred US$123 billion worth of embezzled funds out of the country over 15 years. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Danny Alexander, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury of the United Kingdom, announces that the retirement age for British civil servants will be increased to 66, with the exception of the police, armed forces and fire service. (Sky News)
- King of Morocco Mohammed VI announces constitutional reforms with a referendum to be held on July 1. (Al-Jazeera)
- The head coach of the South Korean marathon team is under investigation for alleged doping of his athletes, including an Asian Games gold medallist. (Yonhap)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?