Sunday 17 March 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1912 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Bayard Rustin: American civil rights activist (d. 1987).
- Camp Fire Girls organization announced by Mrs Luther Halsey Gulick.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Haunting Melody - Al Jolson
- The Picnic (Every Laddie Loves a Lassie) - Harry Lauder
- Wallflower Sweet - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 March 1912 and get them!