Tuesday 17 March 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Perils of Pauline, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 17 March 1914 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Ein Sommernachtstraum in unserer Zeit
The Extraordinary Adventures of Saturnino Farandola
Which were the important events of 17 March 1914 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
See other famous people born on 17 March
Sammy Baugh: Texas, United States -- NFL hall of famer QB (Washington Redskins).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Comin' Thro' the Rye - Nellie Melba
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1914?
- Science: Science vol. 39 issue 1002
- Science: Science vol. 39 issue 1001
- Science: Science vol. 39 issue 1000
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A classic fiction novel by Harold Bell Wright, featuring a maiden in distress, an artist, a hero, and several secrets.
Pollyanna is a best-selling novel by Eleanor H. Porter that is now considered a classic of children's literature. The book was such a success that Porter soon produced a sequel, Pollyanna Grows Up (ISBN 9781439297513 ).
With few exceptions, the incidents recorded in these pages take place in one of the largest cities of the United States of America, and of that portion called the Middle West,—a city once conservative and provincial, and rather proud of ...
This book was originally published prior to 1923, and represents a reproduction of an important historical work, maintaining the same format as the original work.
Tell the world why 17 March 1914 is such a special date for you!