Friday 17 March 1916, St. Patrick's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Ellington .
Avatar, directed by Carmine Gallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1916 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- We'll Build a Little Home in the U.S.A. - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- Old Folks at Home - Taylor Trio
- Everybody - Bert Williams
- Stop, Look, and Listen (Medley) - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?