Monday 17 March 1930, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Benson Irwin in Pittsburgh and Paul Horn.
Free and Easy, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1930 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- James Benson Irwin in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (Apollo 15).
- Paul Horn: American musician, a jazz flutist famous for his albums recorded in unique places.
- James Irwin: American astronaut who graduated from the U.S.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?